Friday, April 14th, 2017
Soprano Hits the High Note
The strikingly good looking 38.25m motor yacht Soprano has been launched at the Hakvoort Shipyard, Holland. Having been a longstanding charter client through Ocean Independence Düsseldorf, this was a proud moment for her new Owner. The yachts’ name had previously been kept secret, only revealed to attendees as she slipped gracefully into the water.
Built to Lloyds and MCA specifications, under the supervision of Ocean Management Soprano is notably the first Hakvoort awarded a Lloyds Register Green Passport. Capable of global blue-water cruising, her classic design, combined with naval architecture, by Diana Yacht Design, features a displacement hull shape, V-flared bow section and canoe stern.
Versatile accommodation for 8 guests in four cabins, plus full crew quarters for 7, are set within a spacious and comfortable interior, created by Felix Buytendijk. Superb relaxation and socialising areas abound, both inside and out, on the main deck and bridge deck, offering a range of multi-functional spaces that will be much appreciated by guests on board. The excellent sun deck is complete with BBQ, bar and Jacuzzi, set within a wealth of sunbathing zones.
Under continued operational management with Ocean Management and Ocean Independence, as Charter Central Agents she will unquestionably become a popular choice for groups of family and friends looking to cruise Mediterranean waters in comfort and style this year.
- LOA: 38.25 m
- LWL: 33.1 m
- Beam: 8 m
- Draught: 2.65 m
- Displacement: 360 tons
- Naval Architecture: Diana Yacht Design BV
- Exterior design: Diana Yacht Design BV
- Interior design: Felix Buytendijk
- Construction: Steel hull, aluminium superstructure
- Classification: Lloyds +100A1 SSC Yacht Mono G6(+) LMC, UMS,
- Compliance: MCA LY3 and Green Passport/IHM Certificate
- Main engines: 2 x Caterpillar C18 DITA, MkI, Tier II
- Output: 447 kW at 1800 rpm
- Generators: 2 x Northern Lights M1064H, rating 90kW at 1500 rpm
- Cruising speed: 11 knots
- Max speed: 13 knots
- Range 3,800 nautical miles at 10 knots
- Fuel capacity 45,000 litres
- Fresh water capacity 10,000 litres
To watch a video of her launching click here