Saturday, January 19th, 2019
Christofle Yacht Style Awards 2019
Christofle Yacht Style Awards 2019 in Thailand held at Café Del Mar Phuket were a momentous occasion for yachting brands in the region.
Café Del Mar Phuket hosted leading luxury yacht brands from around the world for the innovative Christofle Yacht Style Awards 2019 underlining Phuket’s role as a hub of the Asian yachting scene.
Many of Asia’s leading luxury yachting companies and the world’s top shipyards were among the 15 winners to lift an iconic Mood trophy by title sponsor Christofle at Café Del Mar Phuket, which provided a glamorous setting on Kamala Beach. Over 350 VIPs including yacht owners and key figures in the industry attended the spectacular evening, which included a fire show.
Gael Burlot, CEO and Publisher of Yacht Style, organiser of the Awards, said: “Yacht Style is about innovation, and we have expanded this year’s Christofle Yacht Style Awards to cover two chapters in two countries. I’m delighted that Chapter One at Café Del Mar Phuket was such a huge success, with a really spectacular attendance and beachside setting. “We had a really impressive guest list from around Asia and beyond. There was a really high standard of nominees for each award and we had 15 deserving winners, although the competition was really close in many categories.”
Yacht Style Managing Editor John Higginson added: “This year’s Christofle Yacht Style Awards highlights yacht builders, companies and personalities focusing their efforts on Asia and who are active in the region.
“It was rewarding to see just how many leading shipyards are selling or bringing brand-new models into Asia faster than ever. This is an exciting time for yachting in the region for many reasons and it’s great that Phuket, Southeast Asia’s cruising hub, was the home of Chapter One of the Awards.”
Christofle, closely associated with yachting in Asia since 2005, embodies French Art de Vivre and elegance through its creations in silver, including Mood, the iconic egg-shaped cutlery holder that’s one of the most distinctive trophies in yachting. From tableware to home decoration and exceptional jewellery pieces, Christofle remains loyal to the spirit of its founders who cherished modernity and innovation in creation and production – all values celebrated in the Christofle Yacht Style Awards.
Christofle Yacht Style Awards 2019: Winners
- Best Asia-Built Motor Yacht (15-24m): Gulf Craft Majesty 62, UAE
- Best Asia-Built Motor Yacht (24-30m): Horizon FD87 Skyline, Taiwan
- Best Motor Yacht in Asia (under 15m): Princess R35, UK
- Best Motor Yacht in Asia (15-20m): Ferretti Yachts 670, Italy
- Best Motor Yacht in Asia (20-25m): Sunseeker 74 Sport Yacht, UK
- Best Motor Yacht in Asia (25-30m): Azimut Grande 25 Metri, Italy
- Best Sailing Yacht in Asia: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 410, France
- Best Multihull Motor Yacht in Asia: 40 Open Sunreef Power, Poland
- Best Multihull Sailing Yacht in Asia (under 15m): Leopard 50, South Africa
- Best Multihull Sailing Yacht in Asia (over 15m): Fountaine Pajot Alegria 67, France
- Best Asia-Based Charter Company (Regional): Simpson Yacht Charter
- Best Asia-Based Charter Company (International): Camper & Nicholsons Asia
- Best Asia-Based Charter Company (Phinisi): Yacht Sourcing Voyage
- Best Asia-Based Brokerage Company (International): Burgess Asia
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Kanit Yongsakul (Phuket Boat Lagoon)